Thursday, January 24, 2013

I've been MIA since what


Exactly 12 days ago! Since my last blogpost. Almost two weeks. I feel such a loser for not updating my baby.

Won't explain further why because I know that you know that I was busy with my preliminary exams that 2 weeks and school is still my priority but I'm 100% willing to make up for it.

To top it off, here's a blog post dedicated to all my book lovers readers out here.

Have you heard of Goodreads? It's a social networking site, well not actually networking, but it functions like an online library. Got that right! An online library! How cool is that, right?

I forgot where and when I first heard it but I have my own Goodreads account since last year, around June. It is very helpful and useful to people who are wide readers like me.

Here are some of the things you can do with a Goodreads account:

  • Keep a record of the books you already read.
  • Track on what's new on the book-world.
  • Keep a list of the books you want to read in the future.
  • Follow your favorite authors and see what they're currently reading.
  • Add friends/people and see what they're currently reading.
  • You can create different bookshelves like, read, currently reading, like-to-read and the like.
  • You can set a goal on how many books you want to read in a year too!
And so much more! You can just come up with anything you want with books on Goodreads. The only thing you can't do is read an entire book on Goodreads. They only have the title, author, summary and reviews about the book. But not the book itself. It's to prevent piracy too.

So head over to Goodreads right now. Make an account. And start reading! :)

Regarding Goodreads' reading challenge, my goal for 2013 is to read 50 books. And according to my Goodreads account, I already read 3 books so far and the book I'm currently reading is my 4th book of the year. Cool! But I'm still 46 short from my goal. Well hey it's just the first month of the year. I may be able to do this goal with no worries!

I want to share the 3 books I read this year. But that'll be in 3 separate blog posts too. That will be soon and this is all for now. I still need to read for my biology class tomorrow.

Good night bookworms! :)


What book are you currently reading?
Tinay xx

2 comments:

  1. being a student AND blogger takes a lot of time so it's no problem that you needed to devote your time elsewhere :) school is very important. i hope exams went well. i am currently reading nothing fun since i am in study mode :(


    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xx rae

    ReplyDelete